What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

So, THAT's Why I'm So Damn Tired

What I have made for The Junk Ranch:

I always take staples like the Scrabble words.  Each year I sell a lot, but last Spring I sold SO many, it was nuts. So, I have made a ton of word packets.  I expanded my "line" into Oklahoma and Oklahoma sports teams.  I have no pride when it comes to taking money from people.  :)




Over 50 Scrabble tile racks - each one painted a variety or colors, sanded, tack clothed and priced.

Over 100 vintage milk cap magnets - magnet on back and stuck on an old metal cabinet door that I picked up.

About twenty vintage inspired prize/award ribbons.

Fifteen or more banners for birthdays and Razorback football.  There's one in the center of this photo from the flea market.



Over 200 Domino pendants - each one made with a scan of a package or vintage greeting card from my collection.  Each one displayed in a printers drawer.

About 50 PROBE letter card packets - words picked out, sorted, packed into a cellophane sleeve, topper attached, labeled and priced.

Over 100 packets of flash cards - each packet is 12 flash cards.  That is over 1200 flash cards that I typed, printed, cut, rounded, sorted, bundled and labeled.

Ten Jello Mold glittered pumpkins and a handful of crows dressed for Halloween.

Twenty-five packets of paper straws all in cellophane sleeves, tied with grosgrain ribbon with a Halloween pick added for fun.

About 200 packages of vintage cake toppers, sorted out by holiday or event, stuffed into cellophane bags, topped with a paper topper, stapled, hole punched, labeled, priced and hung on a display rack.

Over 200 different grab bags full of vintage Christmas ornaments and small Christmas items. Placed in cellophane bags, paper topper stapled on, labeled and priced.

Now I see why I am so tired!  And I've only just begun the vintage sorting and pricing!

**I love cellophane sleeves.  Everything just looks better in a cellophane sleeve.  :)







18 comments:

  1. Good golly, girl, you are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great stuff!!! Wish I could visit your booth at the junk ranch! Hope you sell out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crazy gal! Try and take a breather once Junk Ranch is over. You totally will have worked for it by then!

    I love my cowboy domino pendant I got from you. I opened the package in the car and promptly hung it from my rearview mirror. Its so damn cute!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that's all. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exhausted just reading that! You have been working your hiney off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will do very well. I love my domino pendant. I totally agree about cellophane sleeves. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so so good. I wish I could take a road trip to Junk Ranch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to get some of those elves that come in at night and do a bunch of work for you. Call up an elf temp service and ask for some. But do it quickly, because Santa is going to start hiring his temps any day now.

    I have to go take a nap. Reading all that wore me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tired Elves R Us but they are all booked up. DANGIT. I could use a mess of those little guys. And I would send some your way too!

      Delete
  9. Goodness! I would be tired too. Hope you sell it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, you have me beat when it comes to making and creating! But, I have made an awful lot and it is tiring. I won't sell it all, but I hope I sell SOME!!!!

      Delete
  10. Your little dominoes are adorable! You have a reason to be tired. I was tired just reading through everything you have been doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pendants especially the Gemlites and Santa Snow one. It looks like you have been a busy girl. I wish I could be going to junk ranch with you! I can't wait to see all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I lived closer!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You forgot the "over 10,000 minutes for you to come up with all these creative lovelies." I wish I was closer so I could buy it all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you don't have the busiest booth there I'll be surprised. I wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So my plans are to come to Junk Ranch to shop. I'm going to walk fast, no, run, to your booth and buy me that Snowflake pendant, so maybe just sort of hide it toward the bottom???? You have been working soo hard and I can't wait to hit up your booth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are silly! I made way too much of everything. There will be plenty, TRUST ME. I am either going to flop or hit it big this time - I am bringing some different things this time. I am nervous and ready to DO THIS! See ya at the Ranch!

      Delete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers