What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Today is......

Joe Jonas's birthday.  
He is 25 years old.

 Happy Birthday Joe!


Today is Jennifer Lawrence's birthday.  
She is 24 years old.
 Happy Birthday Jennifer!

Today is Julia Child's Birthday.

She is...well, she's dead.  
But, Happy Birthday anyway, Julia!

Today is Ben Affleck's birthday;
He is 42 years old.

 Happy Birthday Ben!

Today is MY birthday!
I am, well, somewhere between Ben Affleck and Julia Childs.  
(A lot closer to Ben than Julia, THANKYOUVERYMUCH!)


And, just in case you are worried - here's this years BEAUTIFUL cake!  
No Cake Wreck this year! 

20 comments:

  1. I told you Happy Birthday on Facebook. I told you Happy Birthday on IG. I will tell you Happy Birthday here....hope you had a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Happy Birthday to You!! Love your blog....I am a frequent reader. Marie W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday... and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cake! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Shara! If I could swing it, I'd bring Justin Timberlake to your house so he could sing to you :-) Ahhhh, a gift for us both.

    Hope you get lots of good junk!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:53 AM

    A very very happy birthday to you, with many returns on the day! Sandy in PA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I'm a frequent reader and my birthday is today (the 16th) - the big 40! Hope you had a wonderful day! I hope you have a wonderful year filled with junk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you're having a great day-filled with lots of laughter, love and great memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! You share the day with a lot of famous people, don't you. Hope you got to get some thrifting in today!

    Hey, my birthday is next Friday and I just realized that now. Would I have totally forgotten it if you hadn't mentioned yours? Am I getting too old if I can't remember simple things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Shara! I hope you had a fabulous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You mean more to me than any of those "famous" people. I keep telling myself we are only as young as we feel. Some days I feel 20 and on top of the world, other days I feel o.l.d.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that cake was a yummy as it looks! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost missed it! Happy happy birthday and many many more! I hope your day was just how you wanted it to be !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a few days late but Happy Birthday Shara. I love your blog and junking to.
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Shara! Hope it is a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We still need to celebrate your birthday, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers